Several 5G-DRIVE consortium partners are supporting the organisation of the IEEE ICC 2019 Workshop | 5G-Trials – From 5G experiments to business validation.
The workshop aims at providing a snapshot of the status and progress of 5G trials, and will discuss the first results and the new insights and findings from the range of ongoing 5G trials. The workshop will cover key topics related to 5G trials, including, but not limited to, the
- Evaluation of 5G spectrum
- Evaluation of the performance of 5G NR implementations
- System architecture, e.g. separation of DU/CU, and UP/CP
- Verification and performance test of 5G key enabling technologies, e.g., massive MIMO, multi-connectivity, network slicing
- 5G network planning
- Network deployment optimisation.
The workshop will be a mixed industry and academic event. Thus, all those interested and developing research in these or related fields are invited to submit a paper to the workshop.
The workshop will take place on May 20, 2019 in Shanghai, China.